Parks of all types and sizes are great places to explore not just for nature lovers. With so many possible destinations, here are some of the best spots and things to do for an unforgettable experience.
1. Discover the best and little-known attractions of Central Park in New York and bask in the sunlight at the Sheep Meadow or find some serenity at The Pond while enjoying the scenery.
2. Experience winter camping in Colorado state parks.
3. Admire the architecture and the mosaics at Park Güell in Barcelona.
4. Take a helicopter ride to get a bird’s eye view of the Great Barrier Reef and find a good spot for a dive to see some of the stunning natural treasures in the largest coral reef system in the world.
5. Witness The Great Migration at Serengeti National Park in Tanzania.
6. Visit the Sequoia National Park in California to see the towering sequoias including the General Sherman which is the largest living tree of its kind in the world.
7. See the famous natural attractions of Yosemite National Park in California like the Half Dome, Tuolumne Meadows, and Yosemite Falls among others.
8. Stand beneath one of the thousands of natural arches at Arches National Park in Utah and marvel at the stunning sights all around.
9. Take a hike at Bryce Canyon National Park in Utah to see some of its breathtaking hoodoos.
10. Discover the wonders of Jiuzhaigou National Park in Sichuan, China that include picturesque Tibetan villages, the breathtaking lakes in Rize Valley like the colorful and stunning Five Flower Lake, and so much more.
11. Celebrate hanami with the locals and tourists that flock to Ueno Park in Japan when the cherry blossoms bloom. Then spend more time exploring the park’s attractions including the Shinobazu Pond, lotus beds, and many museums.
12. Take a stroll in the Bamboo Forest of Arashiyama in Kyoto, Japan.